Translate

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What We Receive

Truth For Life Daily Devotional with Alistair Begg:

"As the earth drinks in the rain, as the sea receives the streams, as night accepts light from the stars, so we, giving nothing, partake freely of the grace of God. The believers are not by nature wells or streams; they are just cisterns into which the living water flows; they are empty vessels into which God pours His salvation."

Please read this devotional linked. Alistair Begg has a way of delivery that will warm your heart and draw you to think more deeply about your Christian walk and relationship with Christ and others.

As human beings, we tend to "feel obligated" to give a gift when we receive a gift. This alone may be the greatest obstacle to really understanding the GIFT of Salvation. At some point in every Christians' life, we start thinking we need to repay God. As if we ever could!

I suspect that the greatest trouble is to just accept God's provision, merit and grace. All of which means that there's nothing for us to do. Save, become a vessel for God. Allow God to fill us up with Himself through Christ our Savior and to heed the counsel of the Holy Spirit. In allowing God to complete HIS work in my life, molding me into Christ's image, I will begin very definitely to live out Christ.

We believe, "I must do" because has given me this great gift and provides for me at every turn. The truth again is, we are God's workmanship. ("For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10) God's work, not ours, we certainly have a mission and purpose in fulfilling the commission to making disciples of nations. (Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, ~Matthew 28:19)

God determined the ultimate plan of salvation. He created each one of us with abilities, gifts and talents for meeting HIS purposes in HIS for the salvation of mankind. We must decide to become the vessel as God intends, which means we receive freely what HE alone gives. By releasing my desire for myself and choosing to desire fully all that God desires for me and my life; now I am able to be the vessel God has created me to be here in this place.

What will you receive or reject today? Will we fully receive all of God and allow HIM to completely fill us and dwell in HIS presence and HE in ours?

Blessings & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment