Translate

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Living in His Presence - Day 3


Album: My Paper Heart
Artist: Francesca Battistelli
Don’t know how it is You looked at me
And saw the person that I could be
Awakening my heart
Breaking through the dark
Suddenly Your grace
Now there’s a joy inside I can’t contain
But even perfect days can end in rain
And though it’s pouring down
I see You through the clouds
Shining on my face
I have come undone
But I have just begun
Changing by Your grace
(Chorus)
Like sunlight burning at midnight
Making my life something so
Beautiful, beautiful
Mercy reaching to save me
All that I need
You are so
Beautiful, beautiful
Words & Music by:
Francesca Battistelli, Ian Eskelin, Andrew Fromm
God has certainly gifted His creation.  He has blessed us with such talented folks as those who worked together to pen the words to the song, Beautiful, Beautiful.
As Day 3 is coming to a close, I’m sharing this song with you for what I consider a “wow” moment today.  We’ve been on this journey, “Living in His Presence” and I mentioned yesterday about growing in His grace so the lost will see us live out our faith.  The last line of the last verse is: “Changing by Your grace”!
It’s the period or exclamation point for the previous verses.  Looking at the second verse and how it draws us to this acknowledgement of HIS work.  In the second verse:
“Now there’s a joy inside I can’t contain
But even perfect days can end in rain
And though it’s pouring down
I see You through the clouds
Shining on my face”
Even if a “perfect day can end in rain....I see YOU through the clouds, Shining on my face!”  Joy because of what HE has done and even though things don’t appear to be ending well, HE’s there, right there involved in our life.
This journey isn’t taken alone!  Regardless of the things life throws our way, He is right there with us.  Even if we’re separated from our family and closest friends and we feel like it’s all coming apart, HE is with us!!!
This wasn’t the only song today that moved me especially in light of this topic for the last three days, it’s just the one I felt lead to share.  HE loves you and I, all His creation, and this is why Christ gave His life...to save ours.
We can choose to live intentionally in His presence or not, He created us with the opportunity to choose, free will.  Personally, I prefer this journey and can say without a doubt that I know He is changing me.
I’m excited about the possibilities that lay ahead.  Today wasn’t better than yesterday, just different.  Different is better, keeps things fresh.  I know many people don’t care for change or differences day over day, I’m not one of them.  Keep things changing and me on my toes.
Growth is a process, sometimes slow and steady where there doesn’t seem to be much taking place.  Sometimes it’s a grind, where everything seems to take a thousand times longer and we aren’t sure if we’ll make it through.  There are even times where it seems as if nothing goes right and we can’t catch a break.
In every circumstance and at every corner, HE is there and stands ready to provide what we need.  Again, I’ll say it again, when we decide to seek His direction, purposes and goals for our life, He will help us to keep everything in perspective.  This doesn’t mean that we’ll have a life free from trouble and trials.  Actually, we can expect things to get a little crazier, more intense, stumbling blocks that look like the highest mountains in all the world.
How will you choose to journey?  Regardless of where you are in this journey with me.  Or even if you’ve decided to “pass” on this one, make no mistake we are all on a journey.
The journey I recommend is the one where we practice “Living in His Presence.  Join Francesca Battistelli and and myself in proclaiming, "Now there is a joy inside I can't contain.
Blessings & Peace
~Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment