Translate

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"My Rainbow in the Cloud" | My Utmost For His Highest

"My Rainbow in the Cloud" | My Utmost For His Highest:

"Waiting for God to act is fleshly unbelief. It means that I have no faith in Him. I wait for Him to do something in me so I may trust in that. But God won’t do it, because that is not the basis of the God-and-man relationship."

As we journey in our relationship with Him, it is right, good and appropriate that we examine our motivation and our actions. Are we waiting for God to "prove Himself" before we act or take action? Are we waiting to see the "rainbow" in the clouds to know He's still there and engaged?

When the prayers don't seem to leave the room or nothing seems to be going right or the wheels have actually come off the bus! This IS the place where our faith is tested and where we discover our true motivation. In the face of these trials and tribulations is exactly where we must believe God and His promise, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." This actually refers back to Deuteronomy 31:6: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."

In our Christ Alone Journey, this is exactly where many exercise Living in His Presence at a greater level of intensity or with greater focus. When life rolls along smoothly, we tend to take for granted our desperate need for Christ in our life and the provision of God. This is exactly the time we must focus with greater intensity toward our Father.

Read the full devotion in the link for the title by Oswald Chambers. Challenge yourself to everyday become, with Christ's help, determined in your walk. To practice His presence with purpose that has nothing to do with what we need or want. To practice Living in His Presence for the sole purpose of BEING in HIS presence.

Blessings & Peace
~Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment