Translate

Saturday, December 17, 2011

"I-tis"


(pathology) Suffix denoting diseases characterized by inflammation, itself often caused by an infection.
We have many examples to draw from where this suffix is used; arthritis, bursitis, colitis, meningitis, tendinitis and so forth.  We wouldn’t wish any of these or any of the others not mentioned on anyone.  Yet, none of these compare to the desperation of the deadliest “itis” of all.....”I-tis”!
The “I-tis” that begins and ends with “I”.  I watched a movie recently where a man pointed out the clinched fists of babies.  He explains, these babies are grabbing for everything and they are desperate to hold on to everything.  As we get closer to the end of our journey here, we realize that we can’t hold onto any of the “things” we’ve worked so hard to get and hold onto.  So, we start giving things away.
“...The sin which doth so easily beset us.” ~Hebrews 12:1  Have you ever noticed that the very center of the word “sin” is the letter “I”?  All sin springs forth from “I” and all it’s various forms; me, myself and I.  The heart of the matter is purpose.  Do I purpose to fulfill my desires and purposes? Or do I purpose to fulfill God’s purposes for my life and desire them?
Once we settle the “I” condition by turning our life’s goals to our Father’s, then we journey with Christ and in doing so are able to live life in His presence.  When I was growing up and playing baseball we had a saying, maybe you’ve heard it, “practice makes perfect”.  Only God is perfect and we strive to reach what we believe to be perfect.
When we place our focus on our Father and His will, then we turn the corner from “I” and move forward.  Trusting our Father for everything we need by focusing on Him, we journey together with Him.  As we reflect on our new journey, we will see in fact that our desires and needs are in fact one with our Father.  The things we’re doing, places we’re going and the people we meet are all beyond anything we could have ever imagined.
Life becomes easier to journey through.  Problems still come along with difficulties that seem larger than life, however it’s different now.  Now we know the presence of our Father in new and greater ways!  He makes all the difference and with our focus now fixed on Him and His kingdom, personal issues are not such big deals.
Living in His Presence focusing on Christ Alone for the journey in this life makes all the difference in what we see.  This makes all the difference in what we hear.  Ultimately, this make the difference for everything in and around our life here.
Blessings & Peace
~Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment