Translate

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"Put your hope in God" - George Mueller

From my hard copy of "Streams in the Desert" by L.B. Cowman for today.

Starting with Psalm 43:5; "Why are you downcast, O my soul?"  When we consider who we are in Christ and our salvation, should we ever be downcast?  Just this Sunday our pastor related part of a conversation, "how are you?"  I was part of that conversation, he asked me and my response was....okay.  Really?  When we consider our destiny and where this journey will bring us to in the end, okay is a slap in our Savior's face.  This is just my opinion, but is it anything less?

The devotion goes on next to point out that we have but to bring everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving to God.  I think that most of my trouble, maybe yours too, is that I forget in the middle of life that I'm the child of the MOST HIGH GOD.  The troubles of this life are meant to help me.  Help me grow in grace.  Help me by strengthening my faith.  Help me to remember that only through Christ alone will I overcome in the victory of Jesus.  Apart from Christ we have no hope and the future is in question and doubt.  In CHRIST however, we are able to live in victory in all things!

By placing our hope in God, all things are indeed possible.  Nothing is impossible with God, ever!  Remembering Job and how he lost everything, children, livestock and crops.  Yet after the testing was finished, God restored him and all he'd lost.  God didn't just restore what was lost, but increased it all double.  He had children and lived to see his children's children through four generations.

I'm not saying that God will bless us in this fashion, I am saying that with God all things are possible and this alone should keep us smiling or at the very least in peace.  God alone should be the place for our hope.  In Christ alone will we grow to understand this undeniable truth.

Blessings & Peace
~Robert

1 comment: